1U Seeking Director of Children & Youth Ministries
Director of Children & Youth Ministries
Downloadable PDF – Director of Children and Youth Ministries
First Unitarian Church of Orlando (1U) is seeking a Director of Children & Youth Ministries to work 20 hours a week in partnership with the congregation and under the supervision of the Minister.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 25. All submissions received by June 25 will be considered. After that, applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. For more information about the church, please see https://www.orlandouu.org/.
What you’ll do:
- Provide and warm and welcoming presences to children, youth, and families.
- Provide leadership for goal setting and development of a philosophy of religious growth and learning.
- Ensure meaningful, safe, and age-appropriate programming to our children and youth from 9 months to 18 years on Sunday mornings and, throughout the week as needed. Support and oversee teams that implement:
- Nursery and Childcare. (This is primarily on Sundays 8:30 am to 1:30 pm.)
- Sunday morning programming for ages 4-18.
- Youth Group
- Our Whole Lives (This is a state of the art comprehensive, multiple level, age appropriate sexuality education program. In recent years we have offered up to three levels a year and included families from outside the First Unitarian community.)
- Special Events (Recently this has included Halloween Parties, a Christmas Pageant, and an Easter Party)
- Publicize programs and encourage congregational involvement and support fostering intergenerational relationships within the community uu.org/
A few reasons you might love it:
- Our newly renovated campus offers you new opportunities to attract families that would appreciate a liberal religious experience for their children.
- At this time of societal and congregational transitions, the opportunity exists to reimage what programs and experiences will best serve children, youth, and families today.
- You will have the opportunity to work with our wonderful children and youth, families, volunteers, staff, the minister, and the greater 1U congregation.
- You will enjoy two weeks of vacation per year and one Sunday off each quarter, even though we know it will be hard to be away from our wonderful children and youth.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- volunteer or paid experience working with children or youth.
- volunteer or paid experience supervising or organizing volunteers.
- the ability to recruit, supervise, schedule, and support staff and volunteers.
- Ability to organize time, records, and curriculum, and maintain information in an accessible and functional manner.
- Ability to communicate, organize and understand the needs of many age groups – including toddlers to teenagers and their parents.
- Strong collaboration skills for being part of the larger ministry team of the congregation which includes working closely with committees and church staff on both routine and special events.
- Demonstrate respect and knowledge for Unitarian Universalist principles and values.
- Able to pass the Florida background check.
Please submit to email@example.com by June 25. All submissions received by June 25 will be considered. After that, applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. For more information about the church, please see http://www.orlando
First Unitarian Church of Orlando 1901 E. East Robinson Street, Orlando, Florida 32803