1U @ EARTH DAY – Lake Eola, Downtown Orlando, Saturday, April 20 from 10am – 6pm
For many years, 1U has had a booth at Orlando’s Earth Day event, thanks to Charlie Behrens’ and Rev. Kathy’s leadership. Our presence has provided a wonderful opportunity to put our values in action, and spread the word about 1U. This Earth Day, without Charlie shepherding our participation, we need a new coordinator/s to step up.
• See that the church’s tent, table and chairs are delivered to Lake Eola, and then set up by volunteers.
• At the end of the day, see that the same are taken down, packed up, and eventually delivered back to the church.
• Provide volunteers with materials about 1U, encouragement, and be on hand as backup.
• Find an activity or object to engage children to stop at booth (Ex, bean bag game). Other ideas welcome!
• Coordinate Volunteers who are also needed throughout the day to chat with interested festival attendees about our beloved 1U, welcome them to visit a worship service, offer them literature, etc. It is very informal and an ideal event to share our welcoming faith.
To sign up visit our Program Assistant Gaby’s table in Gore Hall after Sunday worship, or email Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 407-898-3621 x4.