While we may look a little different this year as we continue to move to online classes at home, our mission remains the same: to exemplify liberal religion in Central Florida by empowering and engaging our youth as a foundational part of their lifelong spiritual growth.
1U is committed to providing continuity of education during this difficult time. To do this, we have enthusiastically embraced online remote learning. New technology and personalized support are combined to keep our children and youth learning, while also maintaining the excellent, inclusive pastoral care that sets us apart from other churches. Learning may be remote but the youngest members of our congregation don’t have to feel alone.
In the words of a Unitarian minister generations ago: “The goal of religious education is not to stamp our minds upon the young, but to stir up their own.”
CHILDREN AND YOUTH RELIGIOUS EDUCATION REMOTE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Fall Term: September 20th – December 13th 2020
- Sign up HERE for a monthly RE supply kit
- Sign up HERE for the private Facebook page
- Sign up HERE for the weekly email
Ages: Pre K to 5th grade: Soul Matters curriculum, designed for our digital age
This dynamic and engaging program will include videos and at-home curriculum, which will be accessible through weekly emails. Course content will also be available on our website and within the private Facebook page. Supply kits are available by subscription and are delivered once a month. Story and meditation videos posted weekly with accompanying at-home curriculum published weekly. RE supply kits are delivered directly to your home. More information about the Soul Matters series can be found at https://www.soulmatterssharingcircle.com/
Youth Group Ages 12 – 18
To learn more about any of the following activities or groups, please contact us HERE (email@example.com)
- Dungeons & Dragons: A weekly role-playing game with fellow youth, including discussions on UU values and ethics through game play.
- Monthly Fun & Fellowship Events: A monthly game night with fellow youth online.
- FAMILY & PARENT ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: To learn more about any of the following activities or groups, please contact us.
- Weekly Family Connection & Support Group: A weekly online opportunity to check in with one another and play games.
- Worship Engagement: Holiday Services, Special Services and ceremonies.
During these extraordinary circumstances, our children are having to bear the direct consequences of the current pandemic on their young lives. However as a result, we feel certain that they will become a real force for good, and many will become pioneers in finding ways to make the world a far better place for future generations. At 1U we believe it is our responsibility to help them achieve that goal.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: The Children and Youth Religious Education program is managed by Sarah Gray, our Interim Religious Education Coordinator, working with a committee of experienced volunteers in the church. We invite you to contact Sarah at RECoordinator@OrlandoUU.org for more information.