Update from the Team – December 9, 2016
Beloved Congregation Members—
Efforts are coming together for our 1U Building project. We’d love to invite you to meetings this week to see the revised plans and get your input and thoughts before we move into the next stage. The overview of the revised plan can be seen here. Please come join us for one of the meetings:
- Saturday, December 12th, 9-10:30 am in the library**
- Sunday, December 13th, 9:30 to 10:30 am & 12:15 to 1:15 pm in Room #18 (in the Enrichment Center)
**Please note that the Program Planning and Development Opportunity Meeting previously scheduled for Saturday, December 12th at 9:00am has been cancelled. It will be rescheduled for after the first of the year.
Here are other updates on our progress of building our dream.
- We’ve raised a total of $1,311,000 dollars so far! We’re still needing $150,000, so please consider giving more or extending your pledge for a fourth year. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know what your change is.
- Efforts are underway to get applications in with two banks before the end of the year to work through the “pre-approval” processes for our construction loan.
- The permitting process with the City of Orlando has begun. We have better clarity on how this process works now and now know that the earliest permits could be issued for construction will be at the end of March.
- The Building the Dream team will be meeting with the Board this coming Monday (December 14th) to review the project and map out next steps. As we currently understand things, we’re looking to schedule a congregational vote sometime towards the end of late February, 2016. We’ll have information for everyone to review out at least 30 days prior to the date of the vote. They’ll be more updates on this as things firm up.
We hope to see you this week as we go through another round of updates. We’re grateful for the continued trust and support. Thank you!
Should you have questions, feel free to drop us an email any time @ email@example.com.
Christine & The Building The Dream Team